Mauritius Metro Express Project is a 26-km route, which will connect Curepipe to Immigration Square in Port Louis and will feature 19 stations, 2 of which will be state-of-the-art elevated stations. The alignment will connect three major bus interchanges enabling a multimodal urban transit solution. Apart from stations, the scope of the project will include the construction of viaducts & bridges, track works (with substantial ballastless tracks including plinth, embedded and grass tracks), DC electric traction systems, ticketing & passenger information systems and integration with road traffic through advanced signalling systems, procurement of rolling stock from world majors in LRT (Light Rail Transit) and construction of depots along with maintenance equipment. Although the project is scheduled to be completed in 48 months, L&T commits to complete and deliver a priority section of 13 km in 24 months.
The Detail Design Consultant (DDC) will be involved in preparation of Preliminary Design, Detail Design & As-Built Drawings for the complete Mauritius LRT Project covering:
- Civil Works (Formation, Depot, Station Building, Bridges, Viaducts & others)
- Track Works, Road Works, Drainage
- Electrification System (Power Supply & Catenary)
- Lifts & Escalators
- Control Monitoring System (Telecommunication, Automatic Fare Collection, & Signalling)
- All necessary interfacing with Rollingstock & LRV signalling which shall be provided by CAF